[iBook] ibook g3 600 mhz (2002/late 2001)

Wilfred Reimer wilfreimer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:35:54 PDT 2007

Hi Bill,

Not sure if you got my other email with the rest of the message (I hit send
by mistake the first time).  I'm clueless about Macs.  I don't know about
the difference between the two disc sets.  the ram has been bumped up to 384
on this one so I guess it could handle the Tiger (I'll google that).

I was hoping to get it to a state where I could load linux ubuntu on.  The
guy who runs Freegeek Vancouver ( http://freegeekvancouver.org/ ) said he
has the same ibook and linux works excellant on it.

Thanks again.

On 10/4/07, Skygram <skygram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wilfred,
>
> I am going to venture one idea. I do this because I have an identical
> iBook
> and I have never seen this warning. I am guessing that the system software
> was reinstalled using the wrong setup disks. I assume that Powerbook discs
> were used. I would suggest that you look into that possibility.
>
> I would look into buying or somehow getting your hands on a retail version
> of OS-X. I also think that you can find the original system discs for your
> G3 iBook on eBay. Do you know what I mean? Do you know the difference
> between these two versions of discs?
>
> I use Tiger on my G3-600mhz. It works very well. However I do have 320mb
> of
> ram.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Bill