[iBook] ibook g3 600 mhz (2002/late 2001)

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:54:47 PDT 2007

Wilfred,

I wish I could help you more. My first impression is that your hard drive
isn't being recognized at all. It appears that you are only going so far in
your installation via your booted disc and your RAM. When it actually comes
to installing your OS onto your hard drive it stops because your Ram can
only handle so much data. I hope I am being clear.

I would troubleshoot that aspect first.

When you say, "Now, I can't get it to power up at all." Do you mean that
there is no electricity at all in your iBook? If that is the case that
"might" be a problem with your "Power Block" and not your iBook per se. That
could explain why your battery isn't retaining power and is being depleted.

Find access to another power block and see if your iBook starts up.

Take it all back to where you got the machine and test it using their
equipment.

Good luck,

Bill