[iBook] ibook g3 600 mhz (2002/late 2001)

Wilfred Reimer wilfreimer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:11:31 PDT 2007

Hey Bill,

Thanks again for your help.  I just tried again to fire the ibook up and now
it seems to be responding.  It seems that it has to sit for a certain amount
of time and then it will respond.

Without the OS disk #1 in the drive, I got a small file folder with two
symbols alternately flashing inside it.  A question mark and I think a head
or something like that.  I can't confirm that right now as it's gone black
and dead again while I've been writing this.

The light ring on the power cable went from green to orange suddenly and
then the screen went blank - nothing would bring it back.  Initially, when I
plugged it in the light ring went green then shortly after it went orange.
When I hit the power button, it went back to green and stayed there wit the
flashing symbols.

So, I guess I'll have to wait again for that right amount of time.  Any
suggestions for when it comes back and I get the same screen?

On 10/16/07, Skygram <skygram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wilfred,
>
> I wish I could help you more. My first impression is that your hard drive
> isn't being recognized at all. It appears that you are only going so far
> in
> your installation via your booted disc and your RAM. When it actually
> comes
> to installing your OS onto your hard drive it stops because your Ram can
> only handle so much data. I hope I am being clear.
>
> I would troubleshoot that aspect first.
>
> When you say, "Now, I can't get it to power up at all." Do you mean that
> there is no electricity at all in your iBook? If that is the case that
> "might" be a problem with your "Power Block" and not your iBook per se.
> That
> could explain why your battery isn't retaining power and is being
> depleted.
>
> Find access to another power block and see if your iBook starts up.
>
> Take it all back to where you got the machine and test it using their
> equipment.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Bill

Wilf