[iBook] G4 1g ibook won't boot

Ken Walker kdub420 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:08:07 PDT 2008

Hi,
My sons G4 ibook (1.02somthing gig) has stopped booting.
I installed a 1gig stick of ram, he complained of a loud noise and then got
a mac screen of death. Reboot and it takes longer then usual, then chimes,
then the gray screen with the apple and spining
wheel appears But there is a line above the apple. The next thing that
happens is I get a multi language box telling me to reboot. Reboot and the
whole thing repeats.This now happens with the 512 ram that I was
replacing,the 1 gig stick that was the replacement, and with the built in
256 it just spins forever-nothing else. Using OSX 10.49. Please help-the kid
is frantic!
thanx
kdub