[iBook] G4 1g ibook won't boot

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:24:30 PDT 2008

Run the hardware test. There should have been a CD identified as such
that came with your system.

Have you tried booting off of a CD/DVD at all? Are you able to boot
into target mode (by holding down the "T" while booting). In target
mode connect the laptop via firewire to another Mac, the laptop's HD
should then show up as a firewire drive on the other computer. If the
HD is OK.

If you're anywhere near an Apple store, I'd make an appointment to see
one of the Apple techs to take a look at it...