[iBook] iBook G4 and Farallon iPrint

Peter Nevett nevett at tequis.com.mx
Fri Jul 6 12:01:53 PDT 2012

Help!

After using an HP JetDirect 300X print server to connect my iBook G4 to my old but reliable HP LaserJet 2100M for several years, a recent storm seems to have trashed the JetDirect.

I have dug out of storage a Farallon iPrint LT adapter but i cannot remember how to set it up.

Connected to my iBook via an Ethernet cable (non-crossover) and to my LaserJet via a telephone cable and FastNet adapter, I cannot get  printer setup to see the printer.

Do I I need the IP address of the iPrint adapter or the printer or both? And how do I find them?

Hope someone can help,

Pete Nevett