[iMac] Airport signal strength issues

bertani thomas mendinfences at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 17:15:23 PST 2007

Hello All.

We recently changed to satellite internet and set up a router for my office.  I have been having quite a few issues with the lack of signal strength on my iMac.  In addition to it being low strength, I frequently get dropped.  I did purchase an adapter from a company that specializes in Macs and I am at least getting service (at one point, I couldn't connect up at all).  It is definitely the location of my iMac as I've moved it out to another area and it will hook up to the router.  I have a Macbook and it gets a strong, steady signal -- though, also, not in the office area where I need it.  We've checked all the "interference" issues we can.  My question is if iMacs simply have a weak signal option and if anyone has found something that will resolve that?

Thanks so much.

~linda
iMac 17"
1.83/1GB ram