[iMac] Clearing old iMac HD

Michael Murphy 4mm at waitrose.com
Sun Sep 9 06:40:51 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased a new iMac to replace my old iMac (Bondi
Blue) model and as the the old computer is still working well, I
would like to give it to someone or maybe a charity. But before doing
that I would like to clear the old iMac of all the rubbish that I
have accumulated over the years and also ensure that stuff that I
have put in the trash and cleared cannot be found again.

Ideally, I would like to clear the HD completely of everything and
reload it with OS 9.2 or OS X and Appleworks 6. But I don't know if
this can be done.

Any help, guidance or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Mike (in the UK)

All outgoing mail is checked for viruses using Intego Internet
Security Barrier