[iTunes] iPod "Accents" and Contacts

Jean CLEMENT tashrif at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 1 01:47:26 PST 2002

Hi,

I didn't use the "Extras"/"Contacts" facilities till now and suddenly I
decided that it could be fun to have my addresses and phone numbers in my
iPod :o)

I am french but I am using a US Mac System 9.2.1, US "Now Contact 4" and a
small conversion program "NowPod 1.2b2" that creates the vCard file from
"Now Contact".

Eventhough the created vCard file shows the french accents in the texte
(mainly in the addresses), once in the iPod these accents vanished!!

A name like "Mégritère" will show "Mgritre". I better not send too much
postal mail with this kind of problem :o)

But using other small programs, if I create a small text to read only, not a
vCard database, the accents are showing ok

Is there an expert in vCard coding who could tell me what's wrong and if you
have a database vCard showing the accents, could you mail me a sample for me
to check what is different in mines.

Many thanks

Jean