[iTunes] Saving PlayLists

Peter Bell macbantam at mac.com
Sun Dec 1 02:28:37 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 06:09  am, Jim Wickman wrote:

> I'm creating some Christmas play lists. After the season is past, I
> want to keep the playlists for reuse next years. But I'd like to put
> them somewhere so they won't show up in the Source list all year long.
>
> Is that possible?  How and where?  Thanks, and feliz feriados.

Well, after Christmas, if you select the songs in the library and click
the 'delete' key, but when you get the warning asking you if you want
to move the tracks out of your iTunes Music folder and into the trash,
click 'NO'.  The tracks will not show up in your library, but will stay
on your hard disk. Unfortunately, if you delete the playlist, you will
then have to make it again next time, as it is not saved (AFAIK).

HOWEVER, this raises a point related to the question posed by Edward,
entitled "[iTunes] script to locate iTunes moved files?"  Please see my
addition to that thread too.

Cheers
Pete Bell, UK