[iTunes] script to locate iTunes moved files?

Peter Bell macbantam at mac.com
Sun Dec 1 02:32:48 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 06:06  am, Edward wrote:

> I relocated my 1500 iTunes files to an external drive while I did some
> maintenance on my hard drive now iTunes can't see them  :-Western
> Australia
>
> Is there a script available to enable iTunes to 'see' the files? The
> alternative is to point iTunes to every individual file :-0
>
> Thanks and Best wishes
>
> Edward

This will also be of interest to Jim Wickman, after the contribution I
made to his "Smart Playlist" thread.

Further to Edward's question above, when you select tracks in the
iTunes library, and click 'delete' to remove them from showing up in
the library, but elect NOT to trash them from the iTunes Music folder
(thus keeping the tracks on your hard disk), how do you get them to
show up in the library once more if you need them again at a future
date, but without them being imported again and duplicating themselves?

(Hope I explained that clearly!)

Cheers
Pete Bell, UK