[iTunes] MPEG/AIFF

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Tue Apr 8 15:50:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Footie wrote:

> I would just like to thank the two listers who put me straight on this
> subject last week. Just out of curiosity, why would anyone want to convert
> MPEG files back to AIFF, if you don't enhance the quality by doing so? Is it
> perhaps necessary to use AIFF files if you want to burn a CD to be played on
> a normal CD player?

Exactly. The files must be AIFF before they can be burned as an audio CD
(one that will play on a normal CD player). Luckily, iTunes and Toast will
do this in the background so you don't need to explicitly convert to
AIFF. Tell it to burn mp3's as an audio CD, and you automagically get the
proper conversioni.

Allan