two different links to the same file?

The G greg at blink45.com
Wed Apr 9 10:38:12 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 07:29  PM, iTunesList wrote:

> Is there a way to get iTunes to have two different links to the same
> file?
>
> Why? I have several soundtracks & compilations that contain a song or
> two
> that are identical to a non-compilation album. It would be nice to save
> the drive space in those cases. I could just delete the song from the
> comp, but it would be better IMHO to be able to click on either album
> title in the iTunes browser and see all the songs of both albums.
>
> Example:
>
> Artist: Rammstein	Album: Sensucht		Track: Du Hast
> Artist: Rammstein	Album: Matrix Soundtrack	Track: Du Hast
>
> Both could be the same file, but have two entries in the iTunes
> database.
> Any ideas???

    I don't have an answer, but I have often wished for this as well!!!
    Although I suspect the answer is no, since I believe the ID3 tags
are embedded in each individual file, correct? Anyone know the answer?

Whoever knows he is deep, strives for clarity; whoever would like to
appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity.  For the crowd
considers anything deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd
is so timid and afraid of going into the water.
      - Nietzsche