[iTunes] Re: Problems with iTunes

Brian Thorpe brithor52 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 06:56:52 PDT 2003

I too had a similar problem with my iMic and iTunes. Sometimes iTunes
would not play a selection. But if I unplugged the iMic it would free
up the lock on playing. That's how it started, then it progressed to
the point that when unplugging the iMic, I'd get one or many apps
crashing.

I got a new 7-port USB hub by Pertech and thought that solved the
problem but it eventually resurfaced. I will eventually replace the
iMic but for now I'm using it on another computer to see if it does the
same. No report yet.

bri
On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 09:01  PM, Steve Bowbrick wrote:

> Hmm. Although I don't recognise the power supply part, this sounds a
> lot like a problem I was having with iTunes until recently: whenever I
> did anything (like firing up Limewire, or plugging a USB device or
> making a cup of coffee), iTunes would stop playing, in fact the whole
> USB audio thing would stop so my machine would no longer produce a
> peep. It was strange and annoying and, although I found a couple of
> other affected users, I couldn't find it in the Apple KBase or
> elsewhere. I have no idea what fixed it, except maybe just upgrading
> all affected apps and the OS. I am now on the absolutely current
> version of OS X and I haven't seen the problem for months.

> On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 10:14 AM, S. Moussly wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Every time I plug/unplug the charger on my [Ti]book my iTunes stops
>> working.
>> The application doesn¹t crash, it just stops playing. The only way I
>> can
>> have it working again is to restart. Anyone know why this is
>> happening?

Brian Thorpe
233-iMac(External Monitor), OSX 10.2.4, 384MB ram, MailApp1.2.3, Safari