[iTunes] Re: iTunes4 & iTunes 3

Jeremy Kezer itunes at kezer.net
Wed Apr 30 10:42:56 PDT 2003

Henri,

>Thanks for the reply, but I am still wondering: When I upgraded from
>iTunes2 to 3, iTunes 2 disappeared. I want to improve the sound
>quality of my collection but it will take a long period of spare
>time ripping sessions. I think it would be easiest to keep track of
>my progress by keeping the AAC files segregated. So I want to be
>able, at least for a while, to have seperate iTunes 3 and iTunes 4
>apps and associated files peacefully co-exist on one
>drive/partition. How would I handle the iTunes installation to get
>that result?

Yes, it can take a lot of time to re-convert your collection.  My
wife was looking at me warily last night when I started pulling out
the CD books.  :)

You can determine the encoding method of a track by enabling the
"Kind" column - MP3's are displayed as "MPEG Audio File" and AAC's
are displayed as "AAC Audio File".  I've also created a smart
playlist that I've set to display "Kind contains MPEG".  That way I
can easily see what albums are still unconverted.

>BTW, Jeremy,  I have been a longtime user of your CSM's. great job!

Thanks!  I do miss them in OS X...

Sincerely,

Jeremy Kezer