Best way to re-capture into AAC?

Eric Irwin ecirwin at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 19:55:27 PDT 2003

Yes, I did try this and it does work, it is not a wish.  I have heard
that if the info is different on CDDB, it might not work.  Your
computer should not have to go out to CDDB though, if you ripped that
CD on your current computer.  It should recognize the CD right away.  I
don't know how long it holds onto that info or if some kind of system
update or restore might cause it to get lost.

One person had replied that it did not save play count, but on my
system it is preserving the play count.

If you are concerned about it, try it with just one song.  Put in a CD
and highlight one song from the CD and import it.  Then see what it is
like after that import.  It should put it in all the playlists that it
was in when it was in MP3 format as well as save all the metadata.  It
has worked perfectly for me so far on the 5 or 6 CDs I have re-ripped.

Eric