[iTunes] Corrupted Tags

Brian Thorpe brithor52 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 04:02:06 PDT 2003

I use Roxio's Audio Central (part of the Easy CD Creator suite) version
6 at work on my PC at work, and have experienced the same issue with
corrupted ID3 tags. What SW are you using? And what OS?

I found that there are certain steps to transferring your MP3s
successfully from iTunes to the above PC setup:
(it is assumed that you are transporting the files on a CD-R)
1. Copy the files from the CD to a folder named for that day's date.
(something like... ~\music\mp3files\2003-0827)
2. Highlight all the files (this is much easier if the CD was created
withOUT a folder in a folder structure)
right mouse click on the highlighted area and the click on properties.
Un-check "read only" and check "archive." Then click ok or apply.
Without this step, your files are read only and the tag info cannot be
changed.
3. Again- assuming the use of the above SW... open the tag editor
portion of the software.
4. Click on the file menu (maybe edit) and click "add" or something
like that (I'm on my Mac writing this).
5. Browse to the file you just prepared and select them all and click
add or ok.
6. Back at the editor window... make sure all the files are
highlighted. Then down in the comments field at the bottom of the
window replace anything there with a "space." Then click the "apply to
all" button.

I have found that the corruption is in the comments. It is apparently
too long. Too many characters.

The file will now be playable with the above software.

Good luck.

Bri