[iTunes] Re: Moving and combining music folders, libraries.

Kevin O'Hanlon € Rogue Productions kevinohanlon at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 27 20:47:36 PST 2003

Hi and thanks for posting back.  I made this mistake once myself and it took
forever to fix everything, if I have fully.  The below post seems to be the
correct procedure for moving iTunes media from one drive to another and
combing two folders or media spread across different drives and maintaining
the links accurately.  Hope this helps your future efforts.

Warm regards,

Kevin

> Might be a junior question but could somebody post back line on the drill
> for combining itunes folders spread over two drives onto one.  I want to
> ensure I retain all my playlists and album art.

Kevin,

The easy way to do this if I understand your question correctly is:

Under the iTunes/Preferences/Advanced set the music folder to the one you
want
Click Advanced/Consolidate Library
iTunes will copy all the songs from the one directory to the one you just
set and then you can use the Finder to delete the folder or files that were
copied.

This method will leave all playlists and data intact.  Do not move the files
in the Finder or you will lose all the stuff you have worked so hard
creating.

HTH,