Radio perpetually "reading stream".

John Reinhold john at reinhold.com
Thu Jan 30 15:41:29 PST 2003

In iTunes 3.01 (OS X 10.2.3) I can never get any of the "radio"
stations to work.

If i try to open any, a window opens up titled "Opening URL" with the
message "Reading Stream" and a "stop" button.

It will sit there forever - never playing.

If I go to the Shoutcast website and try to listen, and I get a
shoutcast URL and play it in iTunes - I get the same results.

I am running an iMac flat-panel 800G4 with 720MB RAM, 10.2.3, cable
modem via Linksys router.  I have tried putting my iMac in the DMZ, and
I have tried it with the iMac plugged directly into the cable modem
with no firewall turned on...  Same results.

Thanks,
John

--
"His name's Jam-Master, call him Jay
The crowd goes wild when he starts to play