[iTunes] iTunes Library - Playlist

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:04:44 PDT 2003

As far as I remember the check box has always been a global toggle for
the song. It is very annoying, I filed it as a bug through the feedback
box but I guess its actually a 'Feature'. :)

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 3:41 PM, Robert Salter
robert.salter-at-comcast.net |themacintoshguy.com/1.0-Allow| wrote:

> I just noticed that if I check (check mark) or un-check a song in my
> library, the same action takes plays for that same song in my
> corresponding Playlist (where I have added that particular song). And
> the same holds true for the song in the Playlist - if I check or
> unchecked the song in my Playlist, that same song is now checked or
> unchecked in the Library.
>
> I recently upgraded iTunes to version 4.01 (117) and started using an
> iPod. I seem to recall that prior to these two changes/additions, my
> Library and Playlist were independent from one another as it pertained
> to the check or un-check feature?
>
> Now, if I want to play the songs in one of my Playlists I have to
> select/check mark each song - which also check marks that same song(s)
> in my Library - so, for example if I just want to listen to our
> Christmas songs in the Playlist, I now have all the Christmas songs
> "checked" for play in the Library.
>
> I'll have to un-check the Christmas songs so they won't play in the
> master Library.
>
> I hope I made myself somewhat clear and would appreciate any
> suggestions and/or comments. Thank You.

> <iTunes-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <iTunes-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>    Keyspan   | New Digital Media Remote, great for MP3 players and CD
> players.
> Dr. Bott  | Now $49.00  <http://www.drbott.com/prod/keyspan.html>

Martin
-----
17" iMac 800/768/80
-----
"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity."
-Maximus Decimus Meridius