[iTunes] Re: iTunes Folder

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:24:58 PDT 2003

Perhaps we can hope and pray that when iTunes goes version 5 we get a
fully cocoa version that is nice and responsive and gives more of an
iTunes Pro for exactly this sort of advanced usage. I only have the 20g
of music but the 60secs or so it takes to rescan the library just seems
pointless.

just my 2c

On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 23:38 Europe/London, Kunga
Kunga-at-FutureMedia.org |themacintoshguy.com/1.0-Allow| wrote:

> Have you reported these issues to the iTunes team? Menu
> ->iTunes->Provide iTunes Feedback
>
> <http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html>
>
> kunga10 (AIM)
> kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
> on Macs)
>
> On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 09:30  AM, The G wrote:
>
>>    Right, I know this. HOWEVER, I still have a few of issues with
>> this.
>>    With iTunes 4, when you change the folder preference, it rescans
>> the entire library before letting you use it again. That may not be a
>> problem if you only have 20 gigs and 3,000 songs, but I have over 110
>> gigs and 19,000 songs. Then it takes about 5-6 minutes to rescan.
>> Highly annoying.
>>    And as you noted, when you change the folder, if you lose the
>> ability to be able to delete songs (in iTunes AND in the Finder)
>> easily. Again, for someone like me with a large library and changes
>> file around alot, HIGHLY annoying. Having to select "show song file"
>> and manually deleting each and every file is incredibly wasteful and
>> inefficient. And, again, annoying.  =;-)
>>    I actually have two large iTunes libraries (a general 'Rock'
>> library and a 'Film Score/Soundtrack' library, both around 100 gigs
>> in size), and even just switching between them is exasperating (which
>> I have to, since iTunes has an absolute limit on the number of song
>> files it can recognize). I view the above issues easily fixable and
>> only a minor feature set to add.

> <iTunes-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <iTunes-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>    Keyspan   | New Digital Media Remote, great for MP3 players and CD
> players.
> Dr. Bott  | Now $49.00  <http://www.drbott.com/prod/keyspan.html>

Martin
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX