Relinking Songs

Eric Irwin ecirwin at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 19:58:44 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 08:43  PM, iTunesList wrote:

> I have mistakenly deleted songs from the library. I often hit delete
> by mistake and get the dialog: do you want to trash these also? There
> seems no good answer to this, because the two non-yes buttons have
> the same effect: to remove them from the library but not from the
> iTunes folder.
>
> I have no idea how many there are or what they are. Is there any way
> to have the library rebuilt from what is in the iTunes folder. I
> COULD just eliminate it and reimport the 75G, but then I lose my
> ratings.
>
> Best, Ted

Ted,

If you drag the iTunes folder into the Library of iTunes, it should
only import the songs that are not in iTunes already.   You should not
get duplicates from this process.  You can then list the Library by
"Date Added" to see what new songs (old songs that have been re-added,
in this case) there are.

Dragging a folder of music that is not the iTunes library folder will
cause duplication.

Eric