[iTunes] Re: AAC Files

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 5 04:30:34 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 04:35 Europe/London, Brooks Graham
brooksgraham-at-mac.com |themacintoshguy.com/1.0-Allow| wrote:

>> I've also noticed that a few of the cds have pop in with a Time of
>> "Not Available"  and iTunes fails to play the cd there are 375 of
>> these. :(
>
> Hmmm.  I've seen one:  Information Society - Peace & Love, Inc.
> It's a rather old disc, so I doubt that it's some DRM issue at play.
> It reads fine on a PC.  The disc won't even mount on the desktop.  I've
> tried it in my SuperDrive(tm) and an external firewire drive.
>
> Is this the same behavior for you?

I never noticed that..... The disk doesn't mount in the finder but
iTunes sees it, plays it and imports it. The album did begin with
"..." so perhaps that threw my new mac off. Strange thing is it imports
fine on my old G3 ... hate to say it but could it be a G4 altivec
enhancement bug? One of the other albums has some tracks that imported
fine but some that didn't. I haven't been able to detect a pattern to
the "Not Available" tracks.

Any further thoughts would be helpful.

Cheers

--