[iTunes] Re: BEWARE: serious crash in iTunes 4!!!!!

Michel Coste mic at micmac.com
Wed May 7 22:14:50 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 06:56 Europe/Paris, Todd Masco wrote:

> Michel Coste wrote:
>> When I relaunched iTunes all the library info remaining was about the
>> remaining mp3 tunes!!!!!
>> ALL info concerning aac tunes had disappeared!!!!
>
> Depending upon what you're concerned about losing, perhaps all is not
> lost!  Go to the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/... folders and find the
> .m4a files... dragging them over the iTunes application (or importing
> them from the File->Import... menu item) will restore them to the
> iTunes library.  Dragging whole directories will work too, but you
> might want to experiment with one to assure yourself that it works.$

Well I would loose metadata. So this is not a way to consider. (i was
re-reaping as a way to save these!)
I think that the main interest of statistics is in the long time so if
you restart them each time......
I also don't want to loose my rating!!!

> If you're concerned only about having lost the meta-data, I don't know
> whether there's an equivalent to ID3 tags in AAC files, sorry...

Sure there are metadata in aac files!!!!

> You're right of course, backing up music libraries is a very good
> idea.  I once lost several hundred ripped CDs to a crash.  I went out
> the next day and bought several external firewire drives exclusively
> for backups.

Which version of iTunes crashed for you?