Song that is incorrectly identified in Apple Music Store

Steve Martin martin at metronet.com
Fri May 23 06:07:11 PDT 2003

Yesterday I bought

Ray Charles -> The Birth Of Soul -> What'd I Say (Stereo). It is track
15 of 18 on Disc 3 of the set.

A relative owns this set and we were interested that while that track
on his CD is 6:29 long, the one listed on the Apple store was only 3:11.

Turns out, it is not the correct version of the song.  It is a mono
version of the song (part I only of a song that has part I & II) and
even has the cover art for a different Ray Charles compilation, "The
Best of Ray Charles The Atlantic Years".  But, the tag data does
indicate is is track 15 disc 3 of The Birth of Soul.

I filled out the customer support form (although it really has no
"category" for reporting this kind of problem) and reported it via
feedback in iTunes to the Apple Music store.  I'm really curious as to
how this will be handled and will keep everyone posted.

If not an isolated error, it puts into question the contents of any
compilation CD's as it looks like this track may have been just copied
and "reassigned" to another CD based on the artist and track title name
without regard for the fact that it is actually a different version of
the same song.

--
Steve Martin                              http://www.cheezmo.com/
Smart Calibration, LLC           http://www.smartcalibration.com/