[iTunes] Re: Auto eject after import?

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Sun May 25 04:21:38 PDT 2003

This is not the case. The ripping process doesn't start immedatley. You
have time to bring up an info window to edit the information...while
you have an info window open, the ripping process will not start.

Well at least that is how mine works.

Hope that helps

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 05:38 Europe/London, Scott
scott-xlists-at-scotist.com |themacintoshguy.com/1.0-Allow| wrote:

> That pref does exactly what it claims, which just happens to address
> the question Kevin raised.
>
>  It does not stop to let you edit the tags. If this interferes with
> the methods you use, then don't use it, and continue to edit your tags
> manually.
>
> Perhaps next time I'll be able to read your mind when responding to
> someone else's question, and include disclaimers that this won't work
> for your needs.
>

> Scott
>
> On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 18:55 US/Pacific, Kunga wrote:
>
>> Won't that automatically start ripping a new CD before you've had a
>> chance to correct the CDDB's inevitable errors prior to the rip? I
>> rarely receive a satisfactory report back from the CDDB. It is
>> riddled with numerous errors the most common of which are flipped
>> song names and artists in electronica/dance compilations. Many of the
>> album names are also written differently than I would prefer they be.
>> Or they are often missing the year of creation and composers' names.
>>
>> Perhaps you would explain exactly what happens when you have this
>> preference turned on Scott? I read it to mean that when you insert a
>> CD, iTunes would query the CDDB, receive it's bogus report, start
>> ripping and eject the CD before I could edit anything the CDDB sent
>> me. Am I misunderstanding what that preference does? Thanks.

>> On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 05:36 PM, Scott wrote:
>>> It's usually worth the time to take a 30 second peek at the
>>> preferences. General-->On insert CD-->Import and eject.
>>>
>>> -- Scott

> <iTunes-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <iTunes-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>    Keyspan   | New Digital Media Remote, great for MP3 players and CD
> players.
> Dr. Bott  | Now $49.00  <http://www.drbott.com/prod/keyspan.html>

Martin
-----
17" iMac 800/768/80
-----
"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity."
-Maximus Decimus Meridius