[iTunes] Re: wrong song order in music folder

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun May 25 20:57:26 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 08:19 PM, Peter Tattersall wrote:

> The same principle applies. View as list, check 'Date Created' in the
> view options, then sort by date created. Bianca is apparently already
> doing that since she says she can fix it while viewing as list. Bianca
> also claims to have had the problem only since updating to iTunes 4,
> which is just plain wrong. It's part of the operating system and
> hasn't changed.

These misunderstandings arise from the style with which we use our
systems. I NEVER use icon nor list views - only Column view in which
there is no sort by date option. The Create file names with track
number preference was added to iTunes 3. But it needs to be turned on
when you install iTunes 4. She probably had it on in her 3 version and
overlooked the need to turn it back on after installing iTunes 4.