iTunes multitasking-response to Kunga

Henri drev at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 00:43:19 PDT 2003

Referring to iTunes 3 on a G3/500 PB:
I really like the ways you can do a few things at a time. It can be
playing any tune-from library or from the CD, while it is ripping the
CD. And while it is ripping I can add or correct info to each song at
a time. I don't see a need to edit tags before or after importing, I
do it during. I also check or uncheck cuts sometimes while it is
ripping. And it doesn't seem to slow down the ripping process, I get
a consistent 3.5 to 4.2 x play rate regardless of it being the only
process going on or one of the three mentioned above. So I just click
import to begin, let that process start (by querying the CDDB) and
then do the editing while ripping proceeds. I am curious, how much
faster ripping would be on a G4. This is the summer I upgrade-always
a step behind the current technology and always quite a bit cheaper
than being an early adopter.

BTW I read a reference to a shareware app that gives older iPods
something like the new notes functionality but I haven't been able to
find my way back to it...anyone know the name of the app?