[iTunes] Re: Auto Eject After Import?

8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 26 11:10:39 PDT 2003

I have to agree this is getting silly. Surely you know how the
importing works by now:

Tag information:

If you have General -> "Connect to internet when needed" set it DOES
NOT replace the values you have edited... I just tried it..if you have
a local copy of the CDDB record for that CD then it has no need to get
it again UNLESS you ask it to. You can edit to your hearts content and
not worry about data loss.  My question would be: Why would you
re-insert you CD after importing it once? My new CDs only go in the
machine once then are put in a box.

Importing using "Import and Eject"
Apple have done a great job here if you have the above option on then
it will retrieve the CDDB info, for unknown CDs then pauses for a
second or to...just long enough for cmd-a, cmd-i to edit multiple
tracks if required....then they still give you a few seconds after
hitting ok to cmd-i individual tracks BEFORE the import starts.  Again
I just tried this on my machine and it works just fine.

If this does not meet you requirements for editing and importing your
CDs then can you PLEASE explain to us what you are trying to do so we
can move on to more interesting topics..

Thanks

--
Martin
-----