[iTunes] Re: Auto Eject After Import?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon May 26 12:14:06 PDT 2003

My apologies to everyone. I did not close that link to Cee Pee You
correctly. Delete that other post and keep this one.

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 11:10 AM, 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com
wrote:

> Surely you know how the importing works by now.

Obviously I do not or we wouldn't be having this discourse. I am sorry
you find it such a nuisance. I do not. Perhaps you have a life and I do
not Mr. or Ms. NO NAME? ; ^ )

I am so glad you have figured out how to move quickly enough to avoid
being interrupted by ITunes' auto import function so as to be able to
edit both the album's tag and the track tags before it will
automatically continue and eject. I did not and it did not. Once I had
to stop the import function which proceeded sooner than I could begin
to edit, then it did not import and eject without my manual assistance.

As to why you would put a CD back into the computer after one rip?
Multiple rips and ripping after editing multiple CDs ahead of the
ripping cue. AAC is a case in point. I'm re-ripping everything AAC @
192kbps. There will probably come a time in the future when I'll want
to re-rip many into a future better format. This is long term planning.
Maybe you don't care. I do. Editing in advance of ripping is really no
big deal considering how slow ripping is today anyway. Once started, I
can edit on my second optical while the first is ripping ever so slowly
(see my speed-performance post). No problem keeping ahead of the
ripper. In that case the Import and Eject preference will work like a
charm since my edits are retained when I put the CD back in a SECOND
time (see above).

Would anyone care to post how fast their rips are on what model Macs at
what ripping rate in what format? I'm curious if any of you dual 1.42
G4 users with a 52x reader inside (Third Party not Apple) or out are
getting. Anyone using Cee Pee You like me to see that during rips their
dual processor load only totals 100% of one of their processors?

Cee Pee You 1.1.1 <http://www.unsanity.com/products.php> near the
bottom and FREE.

Is anyone getting 30x rips yet? My theory would put maximum ripping
speed to AAC @ 192kbps today at about 23x with a 52x reader on a dual
1.42 GHz PowerMac. Anyone getting faster rips than that with this
import setting?

Thanks