[iTunes] Re: Tunes 4.0.1 Update

Claudia marinmom at mac.com
Wed May 28 08:38:31 PDT 2003

Kinda quiet here, considering we will not be able to listen to each
other's playlists  anymore, after upgrading to 4.01..(except to local
network).Too bad..I sure liked hearing all the playlists.

I'm sure Apple needed to make this step necessary , due to all the
"stealing"  aspects...so cannnot blame them.

Long Live Music store, tho mourning "sharing".....

Claudia

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 07:53  PM, Adam Bass wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 05:17  PM, Kunga wrote:
>
>> Just discovered in my System Updater:
>>
>> iTunes is the only software you'll ever need to build & manage your
>> music collection on your Mac.
>>
>> iTunes 4 features superior sound quality including support for MPEG-4
>> AAC audio. iTunes 4.0.1 includes a number of performance and network
>> access enhancements, and only allows music sharing between computers
>> using iTunes 4.0.1 or later on a local network (in the same subnet).
>> If you have an Apple SuperDrive, you can archive your song files to a
>> DVD disc as well as burn playlists to standard audio CDs to play in
>> your car or home stereo.
>>
>> I wonder if this is a trick to plug the hole that has been letting
>> folks share iTunes Playlists across the globe.

> Exactly. The ability to share music across the Internet is now gone;
> you can only share music with Rendezvous on the same network. I wish
> Apple was able to make it more secure to protect against downloading
> streaming tracks rather than killing the feature entirely. :(
>
> Adam

> <iTunes-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <iTunes-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>    Keyspan   | New Digital Media Remote, great for MP3 players and CD
> players.
> Dr. Bott  | Now $49.00  <http://www.drbott.com/prod/keyspan.html>

Claudia