Duplicates...all of a sudden

Kevin O'Hanlon kevinohanlon at mindspring.com
Wed May 28 13:06:52 PDT 2003

Hi list,

I wonder could anyone shed some light on my confusion re: adding songs to my
library.  I have been doing the above from my PowerBook iTunes library to
the same on my desktop.  The power book is frequently updated and I wanted
to have the same tunes available on my desktop.  Up until now I have gone
through the simple step of adding songs to my desktop and the intuitive
process has always pre-processed the function and imported only those songs
which are new thus a pretty perfect sync and no duplicates.

However for the first time today when I did the above, I tunes imported (I
think) the whole PowerBook library and now I have a few thousand dupes.

A)  Wondering why this would happen now and not in the past.  One
possibility is that I did change the location of my iTunes library on my
PowerBook (to a larger drive).  Would this throw off the import function and
create duplicates?

B)  Now that I have all these dupes, would anyone know how I can prune them
out without picking through them all.

Many thanks and warm regards,

Kevin

   __o