[iTunes] How can I Turn off automatic updating on ipod?

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Thu May 29 06:16:06 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 12:06  AM, bianca falco wrote:

> hello,
> I tried to do it as the 'help' says: To turn off
> automatic updating, connect iPod to your computer and
> open iTunes. Select iPod in the iTunes Source list,
> click the Options button, and select "Manually manage
> songs and playlists."
> I cannot do it because after selcting ipod on the
> source list the option button is not available.
> Any other suggestions?
> b.

When I click on the iPod icon at the bottom of the iTunes window, not
the one in the playlist-library sidebar, up comes a window where I can
check off the playlists I want included in the iPod update. At the top
of that small window are two options with radio buttons and one is to
automatically update iPod. That's where you go.
terry
(oh, you know that your iPod has to be connected?_)
http://www.terrypogue.com
10G iPod
iChat/AIM terrybuff1
OS 10.2.6