[iTunes] Re: Batch Converting MP3 to AAC

Ron Skinner rskinner at lvcm.com
Thu May 29 14:39:53 PDT 2003

I recently did a test conversion of 256 kbps MP3 to 160 kbps AAC files. I
could hear absolutely no difference between the two, even with very high
quality headphones.

I agree with Kunga that it's best to re-rip from your CDs, but if you have a
large number of high bit rate tracks, it's practically effortless to batch
convert them. The savings is really worthwhile, and it will make a 10 gigger
seem like a 15 gig iPod.

Ron