[iTunes] Composing Music

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Sun Nov 16 13:57:31 PST 2003

At 12:38 PM +0400 11/16/03, S. Moussly wrote:
>I have researched the web and found a few software out there such as Traktor
>DJ, Cubase and Soundtrack for music composition.

I'm not sure that Traktor DJ or SoundTrack are relevant to
composition. See below.

>On the hardware side
>however, I am not quite sure what I need.
>
>I have a Tibook G4 867 running 10.2.8. I am also considering on upgrading to
>Panther. Do any of the software I mentioned above support Panther?
>
>Any tips or references on where to start would be appreciated.

Since you are just starting out with composing on your computer, I
recommend a thorough read of any information you can gather about the
basics of digital audio. Try searching on terms such as "digital
audio workstation" and "DAW". Magazines such as Keyboard, Future
Music, Computer Music, Musician, and Home Recording often dedicate
entire sections or issues or, at the very least, a column to the
basics.

For starters, try <http://www.computermusic.co.uk/basics/basics.asp>
--
There are five things that go into each note:
soul, heart, mind, body and cojones.