Reconnecting tracks

Jay Friedland a.jayf at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 19:42:19 PST 2004

Since we're talking about files and location, I had a break between the
itunes alias on  my computer and the music library on an external hard
drive. When I reopened itunes, more than half of 8k tracks were not
connected (!), and nothing has brought the balance over.

Because most are already in playlists, I'd like to reconnect them,
rather than consolidate or re-enter them. The only way I've seen to do
this is to back them to the original file one by one. Are there any
short-cuts anyone can recommend? Went to Doug's Applescripts, but
didn't find anything here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jay Friedland