iTunes 4.2 crashing

Adeline Moore nospam920 at linearhoops.com
Fri Jan 9 04:09:13 PST 2004

I am suddenly having crashes left and right.

I have 17.2 GB of tunes. I _never_ had a problem before upgrading.

When I try to enter data for the whole CD (CD Info) (highlighting the CD
and entering in "artist" or any other field such as "composer") when
iTunes sends the data to the track fields, it crashes upon entering the
data in the last tune.

It also crashes as I enter data one field at a time in the "Info" tab of
the tracks. I may get lucky and be able to enter data into several tracks
but then it crashes.

To safely and reliably get the info entered and saved I have to eject the
disk after each field entry and reinsert or I lose all data entered after
the last eject and prior to the crash!

I am not a happy camper.

Ideas?

--
iMac :: 700 MHz PowerPC G3 :: 10.2.4 :: 512MB RAM :: iTunes 4.2

I'm listening to Leo Kottke "Twilight Property" from: Dreams And All That
Stuff