iPod update 1.4 kills 'soundcheck'?

Al Byrne albyrne at email.com
Sat Jul 10 17:46:12 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

Is it just me, or has installation of the iPod 1.4 firmware updater
(downlaoded as iPodWeb2004-04-28.dmg) killed the soundcheck function?

Prior to applying the updaterit worked just fine (IE: everything played back
at a comparable volume). These days I'm greeted, at the most inopportune
times, with wildly varying volume on tracks that I've ripped from different
sources.

I'm using a generation II 10g iPod (the last of the versions that had a real
rotating wheel), and a PBG4 (12), at OS 10.3.4.

--
Al Byrne
albyrne (at) email (dot) com