[iTunes] iTunes just won't quit

Adeline Moore nospam920 at linearhoops.com
Sun Jul 11 03:55:25 PDT 2004

Daniel from e-mail address (dnyesno at pacbell.net) on Saturday, July 10,
2004 wrote:

>I am having a weird problem. I cannot get iTunes to quit so I can shut
>down my mac. It seems to quit, but immediately relaunches. The only way
>I can get it to quit is to force-quit. This happens when no CDs, iPods,
>or external discs are mounted. I am running the latest 10.3 and iTunes
>4.6 (the same behavior happened with 4.5)
>
>Any ideas what is happening?
Do you have any scripts running that are forcing iTunes to reopen? I have
a script that puts what I am listening to on iTunes at the bottom of my
email set as a Cron event.

There was a time a while ago when I shut down my computer and before it
completed the task iTunes re-launched. I was stumped for days. Then I
remembered that I had set the script to check itunes every 45 sec. It was
checking iTunes before the computer shut down and so had to relaunch the
program.

Now I know that is going on and I disable the Cron event before I shut
down the computer.

--
iMac :: 700 MHz PowerPC G3 :: 10.2.8 :: 512MB RAM :: iTunes 4.5

I'm listening to Led Zeppelin "I Can't Quit You Baby" from: Led Zeppelin