[iTunes] iPod clock "freezing"

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Oct 29 05:01:03 PDT 2004

On Oct 29, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> I haven't heard of this before. The iPod is probably out of guarantee,
> right? If it doesn't cause any other problems, I wouldn't worry too
> much -
> it might just be the clock chip that's dying. (Though if you bought
> the iPod
> to use as a pocket watch, that's more of a problem...)  :-)

Thanks for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

Actually, we just bought them (2) at the end of September...I believe
Apple's guarantee is 90 days, we are planning on buying AppleCare later
this month.

Even though it's not the end of the world if the clock dies, it would
be nice if it works...I do use it.

I have researched this problem on the web and have found nothing.  Is
there indeed a separate clock chip for the iPod? I guess, other than
the clock issue, the fact that the iPod is having problems makes me
wonder if other issues are going to crop up as well...

Sam