[iTunes] iPod clock "freezing"

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 29 05:11:00 PDT 2004

On 10/29/04 2:01 PM, "Samantha Cornell" <samantha at netresults.biz> wrote:

> Actually, we just bought them (2) at the end of September...I believe
> Apple's guarantee is 90 days, we are planning on buying AppleCare later
> this month.

They were still selling 15 MB units in September? I didn't know that... I
thought the stopped in July.

> Even though it's not the end of the world if the clock dies, it would
> be nice if it works...I do use it.

By all means, if its under guarantee, then get it fixed.

> I have researched this problem on the web and have found nothing.  Is
> there indeed a separate clock chip for the iPod? I guess, other than
> the clock issue, the fact that the iPod is having problems makes me
> wonder if other issues are going to crop up as well...

There is always a separate clock chip for any computer. It's no sign that
other problems _will_ occur, but it certainly makes one think they _might_
occur.

Kirk

                  Forthcoming book: iPod & iTunes Garage
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France