[iTunes] smart playlist question

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 09:47:29 PST 2005

How about adding the condition "Kind does not contain 'MPEG-4 video file'"
to your Smart Playlist rules?

I have several videos I've either ripped from DVD using Handbrake, or
converted from QuickTime with iSquint - all of which show Kind as "MPEG-4
video file". I also have one Desperate Housewives I downloaded from the
iTunes Music Store, with Kind showing "Protected MPEG-4 video file".

My rule should exclude both from your Smart Playlist, and the videos should
go away as soon as you enable it.

Mark