[iTunes] How do I extract album NAMES from iTunes without having to .....

corpus at linearhoops.com corpus at linearhoops.com
Sat Dec 17 03:20:09 PST 2005

On 12/16/2005, John in San Diego wrote:

>How do I extract album NAMES from iTunes so I can print a list of my
>albums without all the songs?

You get this great script: Album-Artist to Text File <http://
www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=albumartisttotext>

or this one: Album-Artist to HTML Table <http://www.dougscripts.com/
itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=albumartisttohtml>

From description of Album-Artist to Text File:
"This script exports a list of Albums and Artists from the selected
iTunes Playlist as a tabbed text file; perhaps for later import into a
spreadsheet or database program (tested with Excel). Choose "Album-
Artist" or "Artist-Album" ordering. Optionally, song titles can be
included in a third tabbed-column."

Selected iTunes Playlist can be your whole library.

--
Check out my blog: I Never Metaphysical I Didn't Like <http://
inmidl.blogspot.com/>