[iTunes] sound volume

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 19 23:18:48 PDT 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 10:45 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> Thanks again Kirk, But why set it to the center? That's where it
> was when it was low and I moved it all the way to the plus side on
> the right. Then the sound was more normal.

Setting it to the center would put every song at its normal volume.
If you have to increase them by 100%, then there's something wrong,
either with your iPod, or with the way they were encoded. You may
also hear distortion if you raise the volume that much.

Kirk

             Author of: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France