[iTunes] data not synched?

bert.bates bert.bates at wickedlysmart.com
Mon Oct 3 01:31:48 PDT 2005

Earlier today you guys helped me figure out how to retroactively ask
iTunes to go out to the web and find song titles for a bunch of CDs
i'd imported without titles...

that process seemed to work great, when I look at iTunes the song
titles are all there now.

Then I followed another piece of advice and took the option to
'consolidate library' - which also seemed to work well. When I look
at the hard drive, it lists all of the CDs nicely merged...  BUT

when I look more closely, say opening up a CD folder, I see that the
old 'track 01', track 02' names are still listed on the hard drive -
while i can see the newly acquired song titles inside of iTunes.  IS
there anyway to tell whether these song titles actually 'took'. I'm
loath to shut anything down, or synch my iPod until I can tell what's
really up...

does this make sense?

Thanks a million!

Bert