[iTunes] data not synched?

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 06:41:09 PDT 2005

The data you see inside of iTunes reflects the contents of the MP3
tags. This is what will get displayed in your iPod. The names of the
files are just that. There are utilities out there that will change
the names of the files to reflect the contents of the tags, but it
seems that iTunes isn’t one of them, it seems to be satisfied with
folder structure, since, I’m supposing most people never look at the
names of the files, but are generally more concerned with the tag
contents.

A Better Finder Rename is one such utility and IDX3 is another.
They’re both shareware you should be able to find on Versiontracker.

On Oct 3, 2005, at 1:31 AM, bert.bates wrote:

> Earlier today you guys helped me figure out how to retroactively
> ask iTunes to go out to the web and find song titles for a bunch of
> CDs i'd imported without titles...
>
> that process seemed to work great, when I look at iTunes the song
> titles are all there now.
>
> Then I followed another piece of advice and took the option to
> 'consolidate library' - which also seemed to work well. When I look
> at the hard drive, it lists all of the CDs nicely merged...  BUT
>
> when I look more closely, say opening up a CD folder, I see that
> the old 'track 01', track 02' names are still listed on the hard
> drive - while i can see the newly acquired song titles inside of
> iTunes.  IS there anyway to tell whether these song titles actually
> 'took'. I'm loath to shut anything down, or synch my iPod until I
> can tell what's really up...
>
> does this make sense?
>
> Thanks a million!
>
> Bert