[iTunes] converting to mp3 saga continues

tom dalbec tomdalbec at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 09:42:20 PDT 2005

I'm stepping in again and am not sure of the original problem so, once
again, I am sorry if this is not your problem.

In the October 2005 MacWorld Magazine, there was the following question in
MAC 911....

"I routinely receive large files on CDs that were created on a windows PC,
and those discs fail to mount on my Mac. What instructions can I give those
windows users so that the discs they send me will mount on my Mac"

Answer.....

"Politely ask your PC pals to stop using Roxio's DirectCD or Drag-to-Disk
utilities to burn their discs.........

If the disc format doesn't appear to be the problem, check the kind of media
people are sending you. The Mac loves CD-R media but can act finicky with
CD-RW discs."

If this sounds like your problem, I will type out the rest of the answer.