[iTunes] converting to mp3 saga continues

Lynda Farabee farabee at sptc.net
Wed Oct 5 09:51:31 PDT 2005

At 9:42 AM -0700 10/5/05, tom dalbec wrote:
>I'm stepping in again and am not sure of the original problem so, once
>again, I am sorry if this is not your problem.
>
>In the October 2005 MacWorld Magazine, there was the following question in
>MAC 911....
>
>"I routinely receive large files on CDs that were created on a windows PC,
>and those discs fail to mount on my Mac. What instructions can I give those
>windows users so that the discs they send me will mount on my Mac"
>
>Answer.....
>
>"Politely ask your PC pals to stop using Roxio's DirectCD or Drag-to-Disk
>utilities to burn their discs.........
>
>If the disc format doesn't appear to be the problem, check the kind of media
>people are sending you. The Mac loves CD-R media but can act finicky with
>CD-RW discs."
>
>If this sounds like your problem, I will type out the rest of the answer.

Tom....thank you for jumping in! I'll try anything!  Using a CD-R,
the church service is recorded on a Tascam C-222.  My "job" is to
take one track on that CD, convert it from .aiff to .mp3 (using
iTunes) and upload to website!

For a little over a year now, that has been flawless. Only now, my
emac (Tiger, iTunes 5.0.1) is inconsistent. Sometimes the original
procedure will work; othertimes, the converted mp3 file is
"empty/silent/nothing", I cannot copy the file from CD to my desktop
as it is incomplete/damaged/error 32.

The CD will play all tracks but the one I want through iTunes. All
tracks will play on a PC.  I don't think that answer is what I need,
but after reading this, you'll know better.  Again, thank you!  -L
--
--Lynda
http://www.eddfarabee.com/    and        http://www.fpc-levelland.org