[iTunes] converting .aiff files to .mp3

benaccetto at mac.com benaccetto at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 18:14:18 PDT 2005

Is it possible that they changed the procedure for recording the CD
during the service?

The only way to figure this out is to know what the original
recording device is and how the CD gets burned. It is possible that
whatever the device is that is burning the CD is not burning the
correct format. If it is an all-in-one unit, it has to close out the
process so that the CD is playable.

The other issue may be the media. Have they changed to different
media, perhaps higher speed media? Are they using CD-RW's? Assuming
that all recordable CD media is the same is a big mistake. Also the
wavelengths of light for DVD and the various CD formats are not the
same, although this seems unlikely if it worked before for you.

If you want to read a lengthy faq about CD's, check out <http://
www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-12>

Ben