[iTunes] MP3 and my iPod

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 20 00:33:48 PST 2006

On Dec 20, 2006, at 2:00 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> In today's mail I received an audiobook I bought from Amazon. It's
> says on the cover it's an MP3 copy. I use an iPod  so should I just
> sent this back or can I load it into my iPod?

The iPod plays MP3s. Don't import the CDs using iTunes; insert the
CD, then copy the files by dragging them into iTunes (create a new,
blank playlist, then drag them onto the iTunes window when that
playlist is displayed - then you can tag all the files with name,
artist, etc.). After you've done that, select all the files, then
File > Get info, and check Remember Playback Position, at least of
the MP3 files are long enough for that to be important. (On many MP3
audiobook CDs they aren't.)

Kirk
             Author of: Take Control of Customizing Microsoft Office
                       http://www.mcelhearn.com/tcoo.html